Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ornament Shaker Boxes

I've been wanting to get my hands on trying to do some shaker boxes and with my latest project on altering christmas paper clips, I've decided to give it a go.

I've made some ornaments shaker boxes to use it as part of the design for my christmas paper clips.

Just follow the steps below to create your own shaker boxes.



1. First cut out two circles out of plain card stocks. One must be slightly bigger than the other. On the bigger circle, cut out a circle window which is small than the other circle. Cover the bigger circle with patten papers, paints or anything that you wish. Since it's a christmas ornament that I'm making, I've written "Merry Christmas" on the smaller circle after I've used some ink to dab on the background.



2. Cut some foam double sided tapes to cover the edges of the smaller circle as above.



3. Fill the middle with some confetti of any kind of colours and theme. But make sure that the colours you chose works perfectly with the overall look of your shaker boxes or your project.



4. Cover the window from the back of the bigger circle with a clear plastic or transparency. You can use any kind of clear plastic here. In my project, I've recycled a plastic cover sheet that I've found from unwanted boxes with a display window on the front.

Then placed the bigger circle on top of the smaller circle. Make sure you can see the middle of the smaller circle through the window.



5. Finally, add some embellishments with different textures and dimension to give it a more sophisticated look.

For the finish look of my paper clips, you can refer to "Christmas Paper Clips" in my other gallery.

2 comments:

dragonflys said...

AWESOME

Anonymous said...

You make it look so easy!! Okay, I'm going to give them a try. LOVE the clips and can't wait to get mine!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin