Saturday, November 3, 2007

"Four"







This is a layout on Ryan's birthday. He turns four on this day and that's the reason why I'm named the layout "Four".
The inspiration for the layout came solely from the thoughts of looking at the photographs. I can't imagine how much he has grown through these years and one of his birthday gifts wrapping paper actually has the print of clocks and watches on it which directly spark the idea of using it in the layout. This kind of put the message of my thoughts in the layout as the quote in the layout reads " If you hurry all the time, you hurry past all the good things in your life".
This is the first layout that I've used a full 12x12 pattern paper for it's background. I've done a little masking of circles all around to add some depth and balanced out the look of the layout.
All the flourishes or swirls are hand drawn and cut out from a black card stock. I've used some chipboard pieces as well as a corrugated paper piece for the title. The "O" is a rub-on.
As most of you might have known, I do not own any kind of die cutting tools, so my friend, Michelle is so kind to give me some pieces that she had die cut it from her tool. The clock and the frame are some of the pieces that she had given me. I've stamped, inked and even add some pattern papers on those pieces before attaching them to the layout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice layout. i like the cabbage flower in ur previous entry.

happy birthday Ryan! he looks exactly like his dad.

The Dolphin Inn said...

Stunning page Irene, love the repetition of the clocks, I agree - time just passes too fast, have a great week hon XXX

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin