Saturday, March 15, 2008

Distressed Tag (Ryan No. 1)




This is a quick tag that I've created using a picture of Ryan when he was a baby. I've used various techniques to create this tag.

Here are the steps to creating this tag.

1) I've inked and stamped all over the background of this tag.

2) To create the distressed paper where I've journaled on, first you have to tear out a piece of white thin card stock and later use the scissors technique to distress it further. Then inked all over the card stock using some distress inks (vintage photo, faded jeans, frayed burlap and black soot). (Tip: remember to leave a light inked space for journaling).

Spray on some water to it and let the inks smeared and blend. You can use a dry clean cloth to dab up some excess water on the card stock.

3) I've stamped and embossed the image on the left of the tag.

4) Attach your picture. embellishments and add some doodling to create some details on the tag.

5) I've used some crackle accents to create some dimensions and distressing on part of the tag. See how the crackle accents reacts to the distress inks. It will blend the distress ink further and even carry part of the colour in it. The crackle accents will also highlight and sharpen the colour of the distress ink below it. This is such a cool effect!

6) Punch some holes on top of the tag and add your eyelets and fibres.

I'm actually working on some projects which I can't share it here for the moment. I'm sorry for not updating my blog as frequent as I'm used to but I will definitely be creating some small work such as this to share some of my discoveries in my recent projects. I will definitely be sharing my projects here whenever I've been given the green light to do so. Hope you all try this technique out! Have fun creating!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

waouhhh, superbe, j'espère que je pourrais le reproduire, j'espère que je pourrais vous lire prochainement et voir vos creations. A très bientot, et bon courage pour la suite

Amicalement Estelle de france

All moments remembered said...

Beautiful!!! You style is gorgeous!!

Mescrap said...

THanks for sharing this.
It's really beautiful & sweet.

Diane said...

I am SO looking forward to seeing your new creations. Thank you for giving us delicious little pieces to keep us going. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the journaling piece of paper here! Love the idea of adding water to the inks, still need to try that one.. love the edges on that piece of paper where you journaled... the pic is adorable and I love the stable accent at the top. I can't really see the crackling on this, but I will take your word it is there, I love the look of the crackle, but I have yet to like it on my stuff yet! LOL... beautiful Irene... :O) Nina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin