Sunday, March 16, 2008

Distressed Tag (Ryan No.2)




This is another quick tag of Ryan. I've had so much fun creating this tag.

Here are the steps to it.

1) In this tag, I've tried experimenting with gesso. It's such a fun chemical. First, I've used a small unwanted scrap card board and lightly dab it's edge into some gesso. Then, using that edge, I've lightly swipe it in random pattern all over the tag. From the tag above, you can see that the areas where it reflects white are covered with gesso. (Tip: do not cover the whole tag with gesso)

2) I've used some distress inks (faded jeans, brushed corduroy,frayed burlap and black soot) and randomly ink all over the tag. In a few seconds, the image above will magically appear. Isn't that cool?

3) Later, I've added Ryan's photograph to it. I've also stamped and doodled a quote and some details.

4) Lastly add some coordinating fibres to it.

I love this technique so much and I'll definitely be using it again in my near project.

16 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

super gorgeous!!!

Dawn said...

This is fabulous!! I must get some of that gesso!!

Diane said...

You do amazing things.
What do you use the tags for?
Gorgeous.

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Thanks Diane! Since these tags are created using my ds, Ryan's pic, I could definitely add them to any projects or minialbum of him.

Anonymous said...

merci encore pour cette merveille, je sais que tu es occupée et malgré tu nous fais profiter de cette merveille, merci encore

Estelle de france

Anonymous said...

Your tags are *gorgeous*

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Stacey said...

WOW!! wow!! what else can I say?? totally gorgeous!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful.

Mescrap said...

It's really gorgeous.
Like to try it out too :)

Anonymous said...

Marvellous ...
Angelthim.canalblog.com

Anonymous said...

so gorgeous..love it

Linda Vincent said...

This is so effective and the colours work beautifully - thanks for a great technique. I'm off to have a try!
Linda x

Anonymous said...

vert professional looking.
Love the work
Liane

Anonymous said...

I soo Love this tag Irene, first it is a GREAT pic of your son and I love that he is holding a paintbrush... love the color mix and it looks like he is painting the tag itself! did you stamp you words at the bottom? And also, is that fan image on the top left side a stamp or do you actually draw that? It is lovely... I always love the extra white doodling you add too, like around that embellie at the end of that fan! Just beautiful friend! :O) Nina

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi Nina,
The words are partially stamped and partially doodled. The image on teh left is a stamp. Thanks for your sweet words! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin