Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What is "Perfect Pearls" and "Perfect Medium"?


This is a post to explain a little about "Perfect Pearls" and "Perfect Medium". Recently, I've won some of these "Perfect Pearls" in a Ranger Contest Online ad I've been experimenting with in in various of my projects. I've received some emails and comments here asking me about these products? Therefore, I've decided to go ahead and explain it in more detail here.
"Perfect Pearls"are pigment powders which consist of built in resin for amazing combinations in wet or dry. You can absolutely mixed it with paints, inks, watercolours or just use it dry to get a pearlescent effect. They come in various colours. You can get them in kits where you'll get a small brush for applying your powders and a bigger brush for dusting off excess powders from your project.
They also include a "Perfect Medium" in the kit which works perfectly with the "Perfect Pearls". You can also get a bigger "Perfect Medium" pad separately. Just simply stamp any images or rub it against any surface before you apply the pigment powders on your project. It works just liked any embossing ink when you're heat embossing. The difference is that your using pigment powders and you set it using just a mist of water instead of the heating tool. "Perfect Medium" is also great as an embossing ink, watermark stamping and even a resist ink. I'll try to incorporate these in some of my future projects to let you all have a better idea of how to do this.
"Perfect Medium" do also comes in pens form. They comes in a set of a brush tip and a bullet tip. You can definitely let your creativity fly with these pens and some perfect pearls.
I just love how these products from Ranger Ink had inspired me! If you're hesitate to buy all the range of perfect pearls available, I would suggest getting just a kit to start you off! Try it!

6 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

Hi hon - you have been tagged, check out my blog for deatails if you would like to play along

paulien710 said...

I have thought about buying a starter kit, but ended up not buying it.
The explanation, wasn't that clear to me, as you give us.
Now, I'm sorry I didn't buy it...urghhhh.... lol
I think I will get myself a kit, and try. Cause I really love the way you used it on the blooms....
Thanks for your talk through it.

Carla said...

AWESOME tips and tricks once again....girl if I had the time....I would try everything that you put out here.....LOL As it is...the only thing that I have attempted was using diamond glaze as water droplets on prima flowers. I like the way that turned out.....

Anonymous said...

So do you use the "perfect medium" and brush over it with the "perfect pearls"? I am not understanding what it is yet...

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Yes. Just stamp your images using perfect medium and apply perfect pearls right above it. Set it with a mist of water.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clearing that up, that's amazing! :) What a beautiful way to embelish! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin