Friday, January 2, 2009

Picture Bracelet for your Mini Album

Have you come across problems with too many pictures that you wish you could include in a mini album? I've actually created a mini album on a trip that I've made to Finland this last October 2008. There are too many gorgeous pictures of the scenery there that I hate to exclude from the mini album that I've created specifically for it.

Therefore, I've come up with this idea of creating a picture bracelet that I could hang on the ring that holds the mini album together. Just print the pictures in small thumb sizes (you could use your thumb size prints that normally come with your photographs developing) or it would be more interesting to have various sizes. Back them up with some thin chipboard and ink it's edges with distress ink. You could use anything to tie them together. Isn't it awesome that you could see all your favourite photographs for a certain occasions all together. This technique can be use for any kind of mini album. i.e. family photo shoots, Christmas, vacation, babies, graduation, prom, seasons, pets etc. Next time if you can't decide on which picture to use on your mini albums, why not use this technique.

11 comments:

suzy q said...

Are you ever going to video yourself making these wonderful projects? I'd love to see a step by step visual!! Happy 2009 Irene.
Suzy
Another great work of art

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this idea!

Melissa S. said...

Aren't you cleaver? I would like to do one of those as a charm bracelet that i could wear. And I know how I will do it. Thanks for the wonderful idea. I'll let you know when I finish it. Still waiting to see the project with the raised stitching.LOL we all get so excited to see what you come up with next. Melissa

Lara said...

What a great and super creative idea!!! Gotta try it!!!

Karen Lambert said...

What a great idea. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Just curious..should we cover these with something? If so...what would you suggest?
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea!!! Minature pics for the mini book, fab!!!! Can't wait to see the final product!!!

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi Suzy,

As I don't own a video camera nor do I have anyone to help me with doing it, guess I won't have any videos in near future...I might try to do more step by step pics in future.
Irene

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi jules,

IF you want to cover it for a better protection, you could use some spray in the market to protect photographs or a more cerative idea is to use UTEE and melting pot to create tiles using them. Or you could brush a light layer of mod podge over them. However, which ever method you choose, try it out first before applying to the actual project.
Irene

paulien710 said...

this looks so cool!!!!!!
what a great idea!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing!

peata said...

fab idea.
tfs.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin