Tuesday, October 6, 2009

11 Weeks

This is actually my third project using Swirlydoos Sept kit. It's layout on Hiro when he is just 11 weeks old. Isn't he the cutest little bundle?

Here are the steps to the layout.
1) Use a pattern paper as the base for this layout. Ink it's edges with distress ink.

2) Cut out a huge square frame from another pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Hand stitch some zig-zag stitches on the upper right and lower left of the frame.

3) Use a clock masking template from Tim Holtz idea-ology and some distress ink to mask the clock on the upper right of the layout. Use a dew-drop from Robin's Nest and Stickles to dress it up.

4) Cut out three strips of different width and length from three different pattern papers and distress their edges using the scissors distressing technique. Ink their edges with distress ink and attach them horizontally on the layout.

5) Cut out a rectangular piece from a cardstock and distress it's edges. Ink it with distress ink and add it to the left of the layout. Distress the edges of the photograph and ink it with distress ink. Add it on top of the cardstock.

6) Cut out some flourishes from the pattern paper and ink it with distress ink. Attach it using some foam adhesives Detail it with Stickles. Also cut out some flowers from another pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Cut some slits in between it's petals and fold it up to create some dimensions. Add it randomly all over the layout and dress it up with dew drops and Stickles.

7) Cut out some clocks from one of the pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Attach them to the lower right of the layout using some foam adhesives. Detail them with mini brads and liquid pearls.

8) Add a small clock rub-on on the lower right of the photograph. To create the title, simply ink some chipboard alphas and numbers with distress ink and later cover them with glossy accents.

Even though this layout might be a little late but I hope that it could at least inspire you all somehow.


Sources: Products included in the kit: Pattern Papers: Prima, Graphic45, Robin's Nest; Embellishment: 7gypsies (chipboard alphas), Kaisercrafts (rub-ons), Robin's Nest (dew drops); Others (not in the kit): Bazzill cardstock, Ranger Stickles, Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz idea-ology mask, floss for stitching, Zip Dry, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

17 comments:

Tanya said...

Sorry, but I don't have a words........Just shock!

Anonymous said...

Stunning !! Absolutley stunning !!
xx Tina

Penny said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!

Shani said...

Gorgeous!!!
I love your work ))))

Carmen said...

I love the detail in this layout!! I need to get me some stickles...=D

lutingobelin said...

the colors ! just wow ! can't say anything else...

Maria Therese said...

gorgeous details!

Isabel De Pauw said...

beautiful!!! love all of it !!!
amazing !!!

Tereza Crump said...

Amazing work! I love your sense of color and how much light your layouts always have!!! Beautiful! I truly believe you could showcase your layouts in an Art Gallery...they are pieces of Art!! I love it!! :) thanks for sharing. tereza

CK Chai said...

Loving every single detail of the LO. Irene, you are simply fantastic!

CK Chai said...

Loving every single detail of the LO. Irene, you are simply fantastic!

Chris said...

Just gorgeous Irene! Beautiful layout of Hiro. :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous!! The color combination is really amazing. Love it! Wish I could make something like this with my Tim Holtz storage and tools I found at Christina’s Crafts. Check this one out!

madebyviva said...

oh my God! It's a real-scrap! I coudn't belive when I saw it! It's so perfect and so fabulous that I was sure it's digi! Perfect!

Marsha said...

I just love all the layouts you've done with the Swirlydoos kit!! Of course Hiro is just about the cutest subject anyone could scrap! Puppies are just the cutest creatures. Are you designing for the November kits too?? I think I might join this club.

Mazina said...

Wow, this is awesome!

Mazina

Cricri said...

wow, wow and wow I love all your Layouts and this is one of my favourites

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin