Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Charming

This is another fast and simple layout that I've created using Swirlydoos February Kit, "From Venice With Love".

Here are some of the details.

I've painted the huge square with crackle paint and later hand stitch it onto the layout to secure it.
I've mixed a mini mister with some perfect pearls, distress ink reinker and water, to mist randomly on the layout.
I've stamped some clocks on the left of the layout using distress ink and dress it up with Stickles.
I've hand stitched some zig-zag stitches all around the photograph. 
I've inked the heart with some distress ink and later sprinkled some water on it to create the water distressing effect. Later, I've detailed it with Stickles.
Use a crown masking template and mask a crown using distress ink on the pattern paper. Later, cut it out and attach it to the layout with foam adhesives. Dress it up with rhinestones and Stickles.
I've used one of the square stamp which is included in the kit to create some flowers for this layout. Just use the stamp to stamp on a white cardstock using various colours of distress ink and cut it out. Cut some slits around the square and flod up the petals before attaching it onto the layout.
I've inked the chipboard alphas which is included in the kit with distress ink and later cover them with glossy accents.

Hope you all like this simple layout. Did you all notice another two new amazing colours of distress inks in this layout? I've used the "forest moss" and "crushed olive" distress ink. I really love all of them and can't get enough of them...LOl!  I have two more projects to share using this kit. Keep an eye for it.


Sources: Products included in the kit: Pattern Papers: 7Gypsies; Stamps: Prima; Embellishments: Prima rhinestones, Ranger Crackle Paint, Technique Tuesday chipboard heart, Prima flowers; Others not included in the kit: Bazzill Cardstock, Ranger Stickles, Glossy Accents, Ranger Distress Ink reinker, Ranger Perfect Pearls, button, Heidi Swapp stamps, K&Co rub-ons, floss for stitching, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

7 comments:

Scrap by Heart said...

lovely LO as always. I preordered all new Distressers from England (in Sweden everything goes sooo slowly...). I love all colors! Have a nice week!

Rhayne said...

I really love those square flowers. But I can't seem to tell how you cut and folded them. Any chance of a tutorial here or at the Crop Spot? :)

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

Love it, Awesome design...and I see Hiro is getting big!!! The stitching is amazing!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, I'm loving this one! Lots of great detail and what a pic!

vicky said...

Wow! I recently discovered scrapbooking and I'm officially in love! Your work is amazing and very inspiring. Congrats from Greece!

Louisa May said...

Gosh Irene, this is SIMPLE ??!!! I would take weeks to complete this ! Ahahha !!! Wonderful work as always :)

Anonymous said...

Just love your unique style, beautiful idea to use the square punch as a flower!!! Hiro is such a charming subject to scrap! TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin