Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Stencil and Masking Template Using Die Cut

Have you thought of ways that you could use your die-cuts more than once and in different ways? In one of my recent project, I've used the "elegant flourish" die-cut from Tim Holtz Alterations. I want to create more depths and dimensions with a single die-cut.

First of all, I've used the back of the die-cut to mask some flourish. Then, I've used the negative template of the die-cut to stencil on some flourish. Turn around the template to create different look and use different tones of distress inks to create some depths. (What is the negative template of the die-cut? It's the leftover piece of paper after you've die-cut on.) For the last layer, attach the die-cut itself to the project using foam adhesives.

Isn't this easy? Try it and you'll be amazed what a single die-cut can do!    

8 comments:

Manda_K said...

That is freakin cool! I didn't even notice all the layers at first! Awesome!!! :D I love this!!

Larisa said...

it is cute!!

Lene said...

great idea!! Thanx!

Wil said...

wauw is dit leuk zeg

dining tables said...

I will agree to everyone that it is a really great idea. You are so good to think something like that. It is cute indeed.

Robin Gibson said...

Great Idea! I will have to give this a try! And I LOVE that flourish, it's great isn't it?

Beeceecreativity said...

fabulous.. will have to try this.. love the colouring .. so rich

Christine Zani said...

this is amazing - i found your blog through this image in a google search - really great work! thanks for sharing!! i've subscribed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin